Monday, July 20, 2009

Worst Hotel


I was clicking through the youtube website and came upon this report from a family that checked into the Days Inn in Fairmont, WV about 9 months ago.





I assure you we have stayed in a worse hotel. I remember coming back from the south in the late sixties - Judy and I discovered "No Vacancy" signs posted at the hotels along our route. We drove until around 10:00 P.M. and came across a hotel that had a "Vacancy". We inquired and the fellow said that all their regular units were occupied, but they had a room out back in a small unit. We were so dumb as to not look at it since we were tired puppies.


We took a shower with two cockroaches observing our cleaning techniques (As they cleaned their antennae from the shower mist, they seemed to be enjoying the stained shower more than the humans!). Judy was not impressed; however, being the entomologist that I am, I explained to my love one that they were of no harm and roaches have never been found to be the carriers of human diseases. Off to bed!



At midnight Judy and I awoke to the scratching of flea bites. Yes, there is nothing I hate more than a hungry herd of fleas. We pulled back the covers and found the culprits crawling all over the sheets. These critters can carry diseases! I break out in huge welts when a flea bites my delicate skin. Did I mention that I HATE FLEAS?


We left at 1 A.M. and did not even worry about our money. The office was not open when we left and we were surely not staying until the manager returned in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home