Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Deer

It is now officially fall. Throughout the summer the deer have treated our yard as their own protected preserve. This critter was eating our flowers when this photo was snapped. I have given up my deer scare techniques which included barking like a wild and ferocious dog and yelling like an insane person while flying out the backdoor beating a pan with a wooden spoon. (I am certain the neighbors think something is really strange during all of these antics.) At this time, they have been conditioned and are ignoring all of my attempts to scare them.


As I watched the chewing beast, there appeared other hoofed critters that were sleeping in the back yard behind the ferns.

I have given up trying to save our landscape plants and decided that whatever the deer eats is something that I will not plant next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home