Thursday, February 25, 2010



Disney World

Epcot - Part Three

LOST


Tuesday morning was another beautiful morning. I was ready to go to breakfast, but Miss Judy had a few tasks to accomplish before leaving our room. I asked if I could go and meet her in the lobby where we would eat and then leave for another day at Epcot. She said that will be fine. Off I went with the ole camera to take some photos on the way to the food court.


That was around 10 AM. Forty-five minutes later, I started to worry about the good lady. I went outside and sat in the patio area so I could keep my eye on the bridge that she had to cross in order to come into the food court Now, Miss Judy has been late before so this time period was not too unusual. An hour had now passed, and I decided it was time to trek the path back to the room. As I crossed the bridge, the cell phone rang!


Now I am concerned. The operator said that I had a collect call from - "Judy Meads". The operator told me I had two minutes in whic hI had to punch in my Visa card number or Judy would be lost in cyberspace forever. My heart was now pounding faster. I quickly found my wallet, placed it on a hedge beside the walkway, and withdrew my credit card. Quickly I entered the appropriate numbers. Hurray, my Judy answered. My questions were calm and matter of fact - "WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU IN AN EMERGENCY ROOM? DID YOU CALL 911? ARE YOU OK?"


Judy assured me that she was fine and was now in the lobby. I wondered how in the world could she be in the lobby when my eagle eye was locked on the bridge leading from our room!


ANSWER! It seems that Judy left the room and, instead of going south to the food court area, she walked north. You have to realize that this resort is large with many - perhaps 50 -- units in Alligator Bayou of Port Orleans - Riverside with units that all look the same.


Please click on the map below for an enlargement of Port Orleans - Riverside. Notice where our building is located (#39) - toward the north on the map. I was waiting south at the marina area.



THE REST OF THE STORY! Miss Judy finally went through a hedge in a parking lot where she saw only one car. She approached the vehicle and asked the driver directions to the lobby. I am certain that by that time she was red faced and puffing like a mountain climber who had taken the wrong path up Mt. Everest.


It seems that the driver was a medical doctor who was bandaging his wife's finger. She had broken it in their room. The good doctor said that he was not certain of the trail to the lobby and only knew one way to the lobby FROM THEIR BUILDING! WHICH WAS NOT OUR BUILDING! He invited Judy to get in their car, and said he would take her to the lobby. Judy said that would be too much trouble. (And she also remembered her mother saying -- NEVER GET IN A CAR WITH STRANGERS!)


"No trouble!" he said. Judy noticed the beautiful children in the car. They immediately climbed into the third seat of the van so Judy could sit in the backseat. The doctor was also standing outside the car holding the back door open saying, "Please! I insist!" he said with a smile. Three pairs of dark brown eyes and huge sparkling smiles were on the faces of the children as if their Fairy Grandmother had just arrived. (Judy is thinking - I am getting in a car with strangers. My Mom would be horrified!) The family spoke Spanish and a little English and were from South America. They graciously took her to the resort's lobby.
There Judy quickly used a pay phone to call me on the cell phone, hoping that I would not keel over when I received a collect call from her. "Help! I'm somewhere in South America with three new grandchildren." She was worried about me and I was worried about her. (PS- that one minute collect call costs us $19.27!! OK- Well worth it!)

I quickly met my love and she related her story. Hurray! All was well.




Tomorrow- We finally arrive for day two at Epcot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home