Monday, February 15, 2010





Operation Update

Judy and I were off this morning to United Hospital Center for the removal of the "suspect" lymph nodes. We arrived a little after 6:30 AM. Operation was around 8:30. The good news was that I did not have to have all of my right axillary lymph nodes extracted. The surgeon was able to remove one egg- sized node. The test results will be revealed next Tuesday and I shall keep you informed.

The other good news was that I did not have a drain inserted into the surgical area nor did I have to stay in the hospital overnight. It was snowing heavily when we left the hospital around noon. We parked our van at Jeff's office and the kids took us to their house. We are staying once again in the luxury of the Dodson household. Judy and I both had an afternoon nap. I feel great. No pain or soreness. Guess I am just one tough arthritic - chuckle. There is some evidence that arthritics do some better with pain.





What is an experience with some adventure thrown in? I was on the gurney and headed to the operating room. Judy was at my side and the nurse was propelling me in a most expert manner. What should I hear from the rear? There was a crash, a moan, and some painful mummering. My Judy tripped and fell - hitting her knee and head. (You may think she was just reacting to all the attention that I was receiving at that moment - NOT TRUE!) Bless her heart (that ole Appalachian expression reappears often in our conversations.) - She was fine. She did manage to scare all the nurses (AND HER HUBBY), but she did not have to go to the emergency room.

Talked with Curt tonight and he said that when his son was playing foortball that the expression in his family was to wrap him in a mattress when he played the game. That way Mom would not be so concerned when he was injured.



Not a bad idea- may stop by Mattress Warehouse tomorrow. Judy may look good wrapped in a Sealy. I could introduce her as my burrito wife, Judy! Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home