Sunday, September 28, 2008

Music Memories

There are a few songs that bring me back to my childhood. My Mom was in the WAVES during World War II. She and Dad, who was in the NAVY, met and married in 1945. Mom loved the Big Bands of the 40's. She remembers hearing Glenn Miller and his Glenn Miller Orchestra ("In the Mood", "Little Brown Jug", and "Chattanooga Choo Choo") and other famous orchestras of that era (Remember Les Brown and his Band of Renown?). Mom also loves the Andrews Sisters. Well, throughout my years with Mom, the one song that I remember her always playing on the piano was the Teresa Brewer hit, "Music, Music, Music!'. "Music! Music! Music!" was written by Stephen Weiss and Bernie Baum and published in 1949.


The biggest-selling version of the song was recorded by Teresa Brewer on December 20, 1949 and released by London Records as catalog number 604. It became a number 1 hit and a million-seller in 1950.

Welcome to my memories and listen to the original version of "Music, Music, Music".

Since I am sharing music memories, I vividly recall the 45 rpm record that we had featuring the song "Sh-Boom". It is sometimes called "Life Could Be A Dream". This was first sung by The Chords and was their only hit. This song is often referred to as the first Doo-Wop song. Here is the version I remember on the old scratched 45 record. It was recorded by the The Crew Cuts in 1954. I know the songs of yesterday are much different of those that are often played today on all the newest recording technology. Funny, how one can actually heard the lyrics of the songs of the 40's and 50's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home