Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby, It 's Cold Outside!

The ole snow moved in early this morning. Gilmer County schools are closed along with the surrounding counties. Snow is not heavy, but cold temperatures are making the roads very slick. It is currently 18 degrees at 8 A.M. The wind chill makes it feel like 8 degrees.

I remember those ole GSC days when school was rarely canceled because the majority of students lived in residence hall. A few years before I retired the administration began announcing snow days with no classes. I loved those 8 o'clock classes. Arriving in the office before 7 A.M., I was usually already at the college when I would get the word that there would be no school today. This has been an interesting winter thus far. Hope spring arrives and stays with us in January!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home