Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spring Update

Yes, yesterday the temperatures were in the 50's and it was a sunny day. Well, this morning it is cold! We have wind and cold warnings today- winds over 50 miles per hour and wind chills below zero.

There are, however, indications that the Spring season will be here soon. Each year I love to check out the eagle cam at Shepherdstown, WV. If you remember last year, the eggs were laid, but no hatching becuse of a wet and cold snowstorm. I still see in my mind the eagle covered with inches of snow and trying desperately to protect the eggs. No luck. This year we have eggs once again. Let's hope for the success we had two years ago when the eagles fledged three eaglets.
http://www.fws.gov/nctc/cam/eaglecam.htm



Yesterday, I found several flowers starting their growth spurt. The primroses are poking through the leaf litter.


Our neighbors aconites are blooming. These are always the first flowers we see in our neighborhood.




Our Italian arums are leafing out. I even heard my favorite "Spring Peepers" calling last week! Spring can not be too far behind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home