Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Visitors

The weather has been wonderful with highs in the 60's. These young deer were feeding in the front yard. I have given up trying to scare them away. They are so comfortable in our yard. After a few minutes I checked out the backyard and who should be chewing her cud - Mommy Deer!

As I took this photo, I noticed the two young deer had joined Momma in the back yard. The two young ungulates were basking in the sun. The young critters did not get up even when I walked on the back porch and took their picture.



We are blessed to have a yard that is welcoming to all the beasts. Turkey, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, possums, and song birds are all present. All we need is more reptiles. We have few snakes, turtles, or lizards - darn. Feel free to drop off any stray snakes at our house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home