Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Smoked

Morning all! Hope you had a great Labor Day holiday.

Last evening I tried once again cooking using the new smoker. I have cooked ribs (which were wonderful) and smoked macaroni and cheese (not so good I thought). I smoked corn on the cob. It was very good. Will keep that recipe.


The meat we had last evening was smoked fresh salmon. The salmon is rubbed with fresh dill and pepper. The fillet was covered with thin pieces of onion and then lemon slices. Lemon juice was then drizzled over the fillet.

After smoking for 30 minutes and using hickory smoke, the results were outstanding.

To add to this meal, Judy made a pasta of asiago cheese, fresh tomatoes, basil, and sauteed onions and peppers.

We had a yummy supper! Next we will try smoked pork and chicken. I shall keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home