Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Truly Geriatric Phone!


Yes, Dear Hearts, our friend, Dave, shipped us this photo of a cell phone which all over 40 years of age may relate. Young folks will never know the joy of placing your finger in the circular openings and moving the dial clock-wise. I thought the ole iPhone is great with its finger slide feature. How could I forget my old friend - the rotary dial phone?

When I was attending Spencer High School in the mid-sixties, I remember our telephone number was 89. The telephone during this period had no dial - just a nice lump of Bakelite with a handset resting on the top. Now, to even call next door, we have to enter at least ten digits on the keypad. I have not told our kids about the wonders of a thing called "the party line" or when there was no dial tone. A friendly operator would answer once you picked up the handset. She asked for the phone number of the person you were calling and then connected you personally. Oh, the telecommunication memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home