Thursday, June 03, 2010


Sammy's Birthday Party


On Sunday after church, Grandma Great Meads, Judy, and I traveled to Fairmont to celebrate Sammy's fourth birthday. We arrived at Valley Worlds of Fun located just off Interstate 79 at the Freemont exit in Fairmont.




Valley Worlds of Fun is a seven acre entertainment complex. There are two areas - one located inside a large air-conditioned building and the other outside featuring a variety of different activities. Inside we discovered several area of soft play for the kids. They have such fun bouncing and sliding in the inflatable structures.



Dad Jeff, Sammy, Grandma Shirley, and Mom Sarah check out all of the fun things available. Man, it is hard to keep up with an excited 4 year old guy!



There are other great kid rides such as these spinning teacups. I remember when our girls were small we went to King's Island. Judy rode the teacups with Sarah and Rachael. All the time the ride was in motion there were shouts of "Mommy, stop this thing!" Once the teacups stopped I heard, "Mommy, let's do it again!"




Here are other rides that are in the "air conditioned section". (In addition to a 24 lane bowling alley and lazer tag)


You have to love the bumper cars!



I started to ride the roller coaster with the kids, but thought better of it when I saw how fast the critter goes. I liked the start-up geriatric speed, but was getting dizzy watching the folks travel the rails at the maximum speed.


In the next posting, I will include a few photos of the "outside" rides at this facility.


2 Comments:

Blogger jc said...

Jim,

Nice blog you have here. I love seeing what is going on in your world. The farmer's market looks better than any one I've seen, except for maybe Charleston. So nice to get an update on my home town.

Lori and I plan to make an appearaqnce at Folk Festival this year. hope to see you there.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Jim Meads said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. Hope to see you all at the Folk Festival.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home