Sunday, January 10, 2010


Cardinals, Deer, and Bob
It is 7 degrees F. at 7:00 AM on Van Horn Drive. Just one word - BURR!

Wow, the birds were really appreciating the sunflower seed yesterday. The cardinals, juncos, titmouse (which I affectionately call nipple rats - much to the horror of my wife!), mourning doves, and other of of our feathered friends were in attendence at our feeding station.







Oh, no! A large catbird appeared in the feeder. Did Bob listen to my lecture about leaving the feeder alone?


We had another discussion and he seemed to understand the gravity of the situation.



I went to town to do a few errands. When I pulled into the driveway, here was Bob IN THE FEEDER once again. I soon realized that Bob was actually showng me that he was protecting the seed supply. Here were five deer around the feeder trying to figure out how to get to the seed which was protected by a strange cat bird! Now, the good wife is not really buying thi explanation! What do you think?


2 Comments:

Blogger wildwoodflower said...

Beautiful pictures. I so enjoyed them!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Jim Meads said...

Thanks for reading our blog!
Jim

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home