Sunday, August 02, 2009

ABVD Update and Gravel





This past Wednesday was infusion #6 of ABVD. I am half-way through the therapy. I am doing still great. No nausea, hair loss, or other side effects. As mentioned earlier that the chemotherapy is suppressing the presence of my rheumatoid arthrtis. I have felt better than I have in quite a while. As long as I am taking ABVD, the symptoms of RA have not reappeared. The ole expression - "Make hay while the sunshines" has been appropriate this past week.





For the past few years I have wanted to resurface the paths through the gardens with fine gravel, the arthritis would not let me tackle the job. This summer when Jordan came into our lives it was a blessing. I asked Jordan if he would help with this task. His response was "No Problem!"




Last Monday I had delivered 2 tons of limestone. Becky at the office of Central Gravel said that I would get a better deal if I ordered 5 tons. I assured her that 2 tons would be sufficient. WRONG! Jordan and I placed 2 tons on the paths Monday morning. We needed more. The folks delivered another 2 tons on Monday afternoon. Jordan and I finished the project Tuesday morning.


When I say "Jordan and I", Jordan did most of the work. I do not know how many shovelfuls that lad processed those past two mornings. I was a tired puppy, but Jordan is like the Energizer bunny - keeps going and going. This family certainly appreciates him.



Here are a few photos of how 4 tons of gravel have changed and improved the garden paths.






















Yesterday was August 1 and is Sarah and Jeff's wedding anniversary. It is also the date that my Dad was transferred to heaven. The resurrection lilies (also called naked ladies) shown below remind me of my Dad. It was after his funeral and on a lot beside their house that one of these flowers was blooming in a vacant lot. I dug it up and throughout the past 20 years the flowers have multiplied. They always are blooming on the anniversary of his passing.












I will leave you with the coneflowers blooming next to their friends, the naked ladies. Enjoy!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home