Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meads Family Update

Good morning! I was up this morning (3:00 A.M.) to the sound of critters running across our newly cleaned gutters on the roof by our bedroom. I got up, grabbed a flashlight, and looked upon the roof. No roof-top animals were present. I looked down at the downspout and here were two young racoons having a time banging a hickory nut against the plastic vertical structure. We visited for a while (and awoke the good wife with the strange sounds the primate and the racoons were making).

I have not updated the blog lately so this early morning wakeup call was the perfect time to let you guys know what is happening in our lives. The Labor Day was rest time at home. Judy and I had a cold the first of last week. We had planned to see our Shepherstown family, but thought that we should rest and not share the virus with our eastern panhandle folks. On Saturday we had special guests for supper. Diana's brother and sister-in-law are visiting from England. Here is Diana with Trevor and Maureen. They are certainly special folks!



We traveled to Bridgeport on Tuesday and had the pleasure of staying with Sarah, Jeff, and the grandsons. We had an 8:00 A.M. appointment at the Cancer Center in Morgantown the next day so it helps with travel when we check in the night before at the Dodson Hilton.

We arrived with Sarah swaddling Nate. Sarah always has innovative items that she uses to help with parenting. She purchased this long fabric piece on the internet (Is there any other neat shopping opportunity?) and it is able to form in many ways so you can carry 1 or 2 infants or even reform it to carry Sammy on her back.


Nate is surely most comfortable!







Out of the swaddling cloth and into the hands of Grandma. Boy, that did not take long!






Nate is 4 months old, but is progressing really fast in his development. He is so alert and is using those vocal cords. (Gotta love that cooing!)




Nate! You are losing your hair. Grandpa is supposed to be doing that as a result of his chemotherapy. Guess since I have been blessed with my hair still on my cranium that Nate is taking over this shedding for me! Thanks, Nate. Happy to see you are replacing your hair by the natural method.



I had to include a photo of Mr. Sam. Jeff and I enjoyed Tuesday night with the boys. Mom and Sarah went to a neighbors to play Bunco.


Report on my Wednesday chemotheraphy (ABVD) - I had session #9 which completed 75% of my therapy. Blessed again- no side effects! The care givers were as wonderful as ever! Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.


Cousin Sherel reminded me of this link. It has been traveling the internet for years, but is still worth sharing with you all who have not had your monitor cleaned lately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny Sue said...

love those little faces! and such big eyes! I laughed out loud at the wild hair.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jim Meads said...

Me too, Miss Granny Sue! Love that wild hair! Appreciate your reading the blog.

Thanks,

Jim

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home