Tuesday, July 10, 2007



A Reenactment!


Judy and I met at Cousin Sherel's house in Spencer around 44 years ago. On Saturday, Sherel and Marshall said that we should reenact our meeting. (I know the photo above is very hokey, but all participants were here!)

The story behind the meeting was that Judy was visiting cousin Sherel along with another college roommate, Shirley (center in above photo). I had gotten off work at the local radio station and I was to stop by Sherel's house. The girls decided that when I arrived they would hide behind the door and Judy and Shirley would jump out and kiss me. (Oh, that was really risque back then!) Sherel's Mom manned the 8mm movie camera.

I came through the door and these two strangers jumped out and hugged and kissed me. I would have never have believed that one of these ladies would in a few years become my wife and life-long friend. We have our first meeting on 8mm film! Not many folks have a record of their first meeting.

Time for a group hug!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home