Tuesday, May 01, 2007

















Rose Breasted Grosbeak!

What a beautiful couple of days! Yards mowed and decks are stained. During the last few days this critter has shown up at the feeder. The male red breasted grosbeak appeared with three females. The photos are not quality since I took them through our window and at a distance. I did want to share them with you.

Last year was the first time one visited and it was only here for a few days. This fellow seems to have taken to our feeder and I certainly hope he decides to take up a longer residence. I always complained that our license plates have Tom Allen's red breasted grosbeak displayed. "Who ever sees that bird" I would say? Tom, you were correct in choosing this bird! Even though it is rarely seen by most folks, the male rose breasted grosbeak is truly a spectacular bird.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home