Thursday, January 04, 2007



















Glenn and The Goose
(Episode One)

While getting my transmission fluid changed a few weeks ago, Glenn Ashley, of Glenn’s Auto Repair, offered me this stuffed goose. Knowing my good wife already had one of these fine fabric avian critters, I said “No thanks, but the offer is certainly appreciated.” After Glenn left the office, I stuck the bird high on a shelf. I knew that he would not find it for days. Wrong!

After paying my bill, I headed home. Upon getting out of the van, I glanced in the backseat and there staring at me was (you guessed it!) the goose.

It has now become a challenge to return the goose to its rightful nest.

The next day, Judy and I (with the goose concealed) went to Teresa’s, Glenn’s wife, store in town. She sells candles and primitives. Judy distracted Teresa while I placed the goose in a rocking chair. All was quiet for the next few days.

After we returned from a trip to Clarksburg, we found what appeared to be a USP box on the porch. We knew we did not order anything. Upon opening the box, there was Miss Goose!

I have sent a series of three letters to Glenn from The Goose. The first was a letter explaining that the goose is resting at the beach and would be flying soon across the Atlantic. Here is the photo that was enclosed in the letter.


















The next day Glenn received this photo from the goose. The goose explained that she was in Paris and was having a good time. The letter went on to explain that the goose really wanted an aquatic site so she would be leaving Paris soon.

























Today, Glenn should have received the third letter with this travel postcard showing Miss Goose in Venice.


















It is now time to return the goose. The goose is going back to Glenn’s with the attached note and egg nest!

























How do I get the goose, nest, and egg to him? Well wrap it in a turkey roast pan and cover it with foil! Our good friend, Donna, whose Main Street office is across from Glenn and Teresa's shop, delivered it to them. She explained that it was delivered to her office by the new pizza place in town!


















Will keep you informed on the travels of the goose.



1 Comments:

Blogger tressa said...

Hi Jim! We love the story. You sure know how to keep life interesting. What would we do without you? We love you though.
Tressa

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home