Tuesday, December 26, 2006


What you did not know about me!
Part Three

This is entry three of things that you may not know about me. While I retired from teaching in 2002, this past year I had a per diem job with McDougal Littell Publishing Company. Last year was the adoption year for science texts in West Virginia. I served the company as science consultant from August of 2005 and will complete my responsibilities in December of 2006.

Our company developed a new Middle School Science series. This is a great science program for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science. We also sold three chemistry texts and one earth science text. The teachers in West Virginia were very receptive to our science programs and we are appreciative of the texts they ordered.

It was super to be able to travel throughout West Virginia and visit my many friends that are teaching science in the public schools. Our state is blessed to have science teachers that are competent and enthusiastic about the teaching of science.

I have to thank two folks that made my year at McDougal Littell wonderful. These ladies are Lisa Williams and Louise Law. Lisa Williams, Regional Manager for Ohio, West Virginia, and Michigan, is a marvelous person. She made me feel immediately that I was an important part of the company. She is an amazing woman who is so talented, hard working, and caring. Louise, the other per diem for West Virginia, trained me in the procedures of text book presentation and made the experience so fun! These two ladies are such an asset to McDougal Littell.

Thank you ladies for a great year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home