Sunday, October 16, 2011

Black Walnut Festival 2011

We traveled to Spencer on Friday to celebrate the Festival with the Meads and Greenleaf families. On Saturday morning, sister Judy was getting ready to ride on the Grand Parade Marshall's float. The folks honored on this float were all the retired Roane County teachers.

By 10 A.M. the floats were undergoing final preparations for the Grand Parade at noon.



I decided that the traffic was so terrific that I would walk to town. The boulevard was packed with folks who had parked their vehicles 24 hours earlier in order they would have a prime location to view the parade activities. Folks bring their lawn chairs, grills, and coolers. Reminds me of a Black Walnut tailgate!

The walk to Main Street was a little chore for this arthritic. I tried hitch hiking these critter, but to no avail.


When I arrived on Main Street, I saw some old friends. Tomorrow you will learn their identity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home