Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I can not believe that it is Halloween. When I was a kid, my sister and I watched the old horror movies which terrified us. (No, there was no blood or special effects which showed dismembered corpses!) You had to love Boris Karloff. The Frankenstein movies were scary, but the Mummy movies really played with our minds. I remember we would go to bed and hear THE MUMMY dragging his leg outside by our windows.


Gosh, Halloween has changed. I noticed on the TODAY show that Meridith dressed up as Lady Gaga.



Well, Natalie was Justin Bieber and Al came through with a Superman costume.



Ann dressed as Amelia Earhart.



Judy and I stopped in the Halloween store in Bridgeport and a plethora of expensive costumes were displayed. I do not appreciate the rubberized disemboweled corpses! YUK!

I am going to lean back in this chair and remember Trick or Treat of my past. Dressed in costumes made at home, we would venture from door to door with candy bags and a bar of soap! Does anyone know what a bar of soap has to do with Trick on Treat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home