Monday, October 29, 2007


The Sis Lynn Experience

Here is my Sis Lynn experience that I am certain all of you are awaiting with eager anticipation. It was the evening of October 12th, 1984.

Working that evening in the Science Hall. I set up a lab practical for Vertebrate zoology students, finished that task around 10:15 P.M., and went directly to Clark Hall. During this period I served also as the Board of Regents Director and my office was used to administer all the activities of the students enrolled in the Board of Regents Program. I needed to update data for a few students.

As I entered, the buildingwas dark and quiet. I turned on the hall lights and headed for my office located on the first floor. I heard a crash coming from my office area. Upon entering the office, I saw three boxes of computer disks that I had placed on the top of the desk now lying on the floor. I returned them to the top of the desk and turned on my Apple 2e. I started entering the data when I heard a noise in the hall which sounded as if someone was rolling a bowling ball down the hall. I immediately checked out the source of the sound. I explored the hall, bathrooms, and classroom on the first floor but found nothing. All was quiet.

I went back to my office and found that my computer was off. No power. I checked the plug and found that it was unplugged from the wall. I thought that I may have pulled the plug when I got up to check on the mysterious noise. I crawled under the desk and plugged in the computer. As I sat in the chair, something poked my posterior. It was a small ceramic mouse that was given to me by Deb Simon as a souvenir from her trip overseas. This was strange. I replaced it upon the computer monitor and decided that I had enough of weird happenings that night.

I came home around midnight and dragged my ole body into bed. Now for the dream (If it was actually a dream – I am not certain). After quickly going to sleep, I saw coming from the left hand corner of the bedroom wall. It was a luminous vapor that I can only describe as the color of gaseous bromine. Bromine is a halogen element, and is a red volatile liquid at standard room temperature. (This element is corrosive to human tissue in a liquid state and its vapors irritate the eyes and throat and are very toxic upon inhalation.). I watched as the mist poured from the ceiling and onto the floor.

Out from the red mist, a female outline was forming. She became clearer and I saw that she had her hair in a bun and was wearing a long dress. She tried to communicate with me, but her mouth was not moving. The message was something about secrets held too long. Just as quickly as she appeared the reddish vapor was gone. I awoke in the morning confused.


I returned the next morning to work in Clark Hall and told no one of this experience - not even my best friend Bea Brown. As I turned on the computer monitor, I noticed that the ceramic mouse was missing, and I did not find it until 2005, 3 years after retirement.

I posted a blog on December 17th , 2005, with photos from the Old Glenville Cemetery. Use the search function on our blog and type in Old Glenville Cemetery and you will see the photos from that day of picture taking. As I took a photo of the grave of Sis Lynn that afternoon, I noticed a small lump under the honeysuckle vines to the left of the headstone. I bent over to pick up the object and the recollections of that October night in 1984 came vividly racing through my mind. Here in my hands was the ceramic mouse that disappeared many years ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home