Sunday, October 14, 2007



Black Walnut Festival
Grand Parade

Yesterday was the Grand Parade at the Black Walnut Festival in Spencer. Mom, Judy, and I decided we needed to watch this festive occasion. My, what a beautiful sunny fall day! Above is Terry Williams and his wife leading the parade. Terry has been mayor of Spencer for many years.

What is a parade without politicians? (Govenor Manchin, Secretary of State De Long, etc.) In addition, the Black Walnut royality was on display.





My favorite units in the parade are always the bands with their flag corps. There were 20 bands participanting. I was a member of the Spencer High School Band and remember that marching in the Black Walnut Festival Parade as a very special memory.





There were many interesting units. How about a vehicle driven by a puppet?



Anyone able to ride this mini-bike? This guy did well - tis a bicycle that can almost be placed in your brief case!



Come fly with me. I appreciated this plane van.




It was a fun parade. Tomorrow I will post a other photos from around the Festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home