Thursday, May 31, 2007



















Gifts Exchanged

The favors that were given to all of our guests at our 40th anniversary celebration were "Lovin' Spoons'" These were heart shaped measuring spoons. The girls thought of every little detail.




















During the renewal of our wedding vows, we exchanged gifts. Well, the girls worked us once again like puppets in this aspect of their planning. Sarah called on Mother's Day and said "Dad, there is a great deal on a ring for Mom. Should I get it?" Of course I said "Yep, that would be great!" After a few days I was thinking about the ring and I called Sarah and mentioned that I had an idea about contacting Kenny Fisher about renewing our vows during our July picnic. She said, "That would be fantastic!" Little did I know that she had already contacted Rev. Fisher a couple of weeks earlier and scheduled the ceremony for this past weekend. How easy I played into her plans! The ring was there at the ceremony.

Sarah worked her Mom using a similar technique. She and Mom planned to give me another type of "rock". Everyone knows that I love rocks and Sarah had imported from California an engraved rock. This large rock is very heavy and now resides in our living room. How she worked us so that we would keep this secret from each other is amazing!

It was truly a special and exciting weekend.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home