Wednesday, February 11, 2009






Cellulitis

OK, this posting is for my girls. If you are not into seeing a bacterial infection of the foot, then skip this blog posting.

The following photos were taken after 4 days of IV antibiotics and one day of oral antibiotics. Because I take arthritis drugs that are immunosuppressants, it is extremely important that I address issues of infections quickly. The drawings on the foot indicate where the infection had been. That area was very red and inflammed and the drawing is a method of tracking the spread of the bacteria. As you can see on day five that the infection is diminishing. Today, (Day 9) I am on oral antibiotics and the swelling and redness has subsided. HURRAY! I am on the mend.

Thank you all for all of your concern.








You will notice that my Tailor's Bunion was infected. When it drained, the good doctor also removed from the interior a calcification that was causing a big problem. Yep, that was a foreign body that was increasing the inflammation. Below is the calcification that was extracted from the bunion.





3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Jim...you were suppose to call me for your IV needs! I'm sorry to see you were infected (although I'm wondering if this was just a new experiment...). I'm glad to hear you are on the mend.

Dawn Lancaster-Kinney

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jim Meads said...

Hi Dawn!

Wow, have thought about you often. How are ya????

Jim

5:04 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Doing great. I think about you and yours frequently. I am now the proud mother of 6...I remarried a year ago and we are the modern Brady Bunch with three children each. The twins are 13 and bigger than I am.

How is your crew? I'm sure being Grandpa is right up your ally.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home