Wednesday, February 07, 2007




Finally Snow!

Yes, the cold came in yesterday. I got up in the morning and washed my hands. Hark! The silence overcame me. What was missing? The water was not on in the house. It was -2 degrees. I looked at the pond and it was frozen over. There goes the theory that the aerator will keep the pond open. Guess I will install my little pond heater. It has not been this cold since we established the pond environment.

I called the good folks at Glenville Utility and they were super. They had the water meter thawed, insulation installed, and water on within a ½ hour! Would we get this fast service in a big city? I think not!

It did snow a few inches last evening. Notice the pond above has a nice layer of fresh snow. The birds are really appreciating the sunflower seeds and suet. Look beyond the feeders. What is happening at our neighbors?


It is Marilyn cleaning the walks of the snow! Guess I will have to venture forth and do the same at our house.


PS- Just back from snow removal. After I posted this blog, I went outside with broom in hand. The Don and Marilyn fairies from next door had already cleaned the snow off our cars, porch, etc. Once again, would this happen in New York City?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home