Monday, March 13, 2006













Cabela's

My last several postings dealt with our great trip to Savannah, Georgia occurring the last of February. Today we move back to West Virginia and introduce you to one of the unique shopping opportunities for the sportsman. While visiting Wheeling last week, we stopped by Cabela's West Virginia Retail Store. This store, opened in August of 2004, is located just off I-70.

In addition to offering quality outdoor merchandise, the 175,000 sq. ft. showroom is an educational and entertainment attraction, featuring a décor of museum-quality animal displays, aquariums and trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.

The centerpiece of a Cabela's store is Conservation Mountain, featuring hundreds of museum-quality wildlife displays. Huge aquariums grace the fishing department, where fish native to each store's geographic location are on display.

I must say that at first I was sad to see the native and exotic animals that have been killed and displayed in this store. The more I thought about it, I came to the realization that many folks would never have the opportunity to see examples of these animals. The habitat displays are excellent! I have rarely seen museum specimens that equaled the quality of the animals displayed here. I have posted several examples of the animal displays for your perusal!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home